Westaff has an Part Time HR Generalist opening, 24 hours per week
Pay rate is $32-$33/hour
This is a Temp to Perm position.
HR Generalist job duties:
- The Human Resource Generalist will Develop, implement, communicate and enforce policies and procedures for all Human Resources functions.
- Process weekly payroll, create and pull reports, maintain payroll records.
- Work with Broker to coordinate and manage benefit programs.
- Coordinate mid-year and annual performance reviews.
- Recruit qualified candidates for hourly and salaried positions.
- Maintain all personnel, payroll and related files.
- Partner with management on issues involving employee relations such as; discipline, terminations, and rule interpretation.
- Facilitate a positive working relationship between management and staff; assists and advises management on Human Resources issues.
- Assist in managing Worker’s Compensation and 401-K programs. File Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Chairperson for the Safety Committee, schedule quarterly meetings, distribute minutes.
- Coordinate social events, i.e. monthly birthdays, cook-outs, luncheons, etc.
- Coordinator for United Way fundraising and events.
Job Requirements for the HR Generalist (Part Time)
- 3–5 years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist or Manager preferably within a manufacturing environment or small business
- Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of HR related laws and regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources practice areas of recruitment, benefits and employee relations
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to identify and handle priorities and/or sensitive issues with discretion and a commitment to confidentiality
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications