Westaff is hiring for a Chemist
We are currently hiring for a Chemist for a contract position for a well known pharmaceutical client located in Bridgeton.
Pay will be based on experience between $18-20 an hour
This is a contract position scheduled out for 6 months with potential for extension
- Learns to, and performs set up, calibration, operation, and maintenance of laboratory test equipment.
- Prepares laboratory size formulation following the current batch record.
- Learns to, and analyzes samples per established departmental/site/corporate policies, specifications, and procedures.
- Learns to, and prepares solutions and standardizes test solutions when applicable.
- Performs assigned work in a timely and safe manner conforming to regulatory, company, and compendia requirements.
- May assist in routine verification of laboratory standards, solutions, and documentation.
- Practices cGMP, which includes, but is not limited to, proper laboratory documentation and maintenance, archiving of paperwork, attention to specification limits for any tests performed, and immediate notification of any out-of-specification (OOS) results.
- Compiles reports/documentation of analytical tests, ensuring reports are accurate and complete with documentation of procedures, equipment, and reagents used in analytical testing.
- Develops practical laboratory skills, and a thorough knowledge of chemistry theories, analytical techniques, and site procedures.
- Assists in the execution of protocols, method transfer and validation studies, under the guidance of more experienced analysts.
- Assists in reviewing and editing SOPs, analytical methods, and procedures.
- The employee may need to be trained in handling of controlled substances.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related science field and a minimum of 2 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience/training