Local Government is currently seeking a Paralegal Specialist!
Long term position / M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm / $12.02 p/h
- Coordinating service of process;
- Preparing legal documents;
- Maintaining case files;
- Maintaining court calendars;
- Maintaining litigation timetables;
- Filing pleadings and other legal documents with the clerk of court; • Performing legal research for attorneys, subject to supervision.
- Coordinating inter-agency and intra-agency legal functions.
- Performing notary functions;
- Attending hearings to assist counsel;
- Assisting witnesses with court proceedings; and
- Entering data timely and accurately into statewide databases.
- Completion of a training program to become a legal assistant, a paralegal, a legal paraprofessional or a lawyer's or attorney's assistant; or
- A degree or certificate in legal technology, legal administration, legal studies or allied legal services; or
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in allied legal services; or
- Two years of experience involving paralegal work; or
- Two years of experience in legal secretarial work.