Westaff is recruiting for a Production Maintenance Technician in the Monroe, LA area. Starting pay is $16/hr DOE!!!
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Placing orders for spare and replacement parts.
- Mold Maintenance Inspection.
- Inspection Checklists.
- Oven/Downtime forms.
- Daily greasing & inspection of equipment per schedule.
- Identify potential problems and incorporate corrective actions.
- Perform preventative maintenance & inspections per schedule.
- Perform repairs on all equipment in PPC manufacturing.
- Part installation and troubleshooting critical equipment.
- Basic understand of plumbing installation & repairs.
- Identify maintenance opportunities that focus on uptime performance effectiveness.
- Basic Electrical 110/220 Volt.
- Basics of multi meter check voltage, Amps, continuity.
- Running Conduit and circuits.
- Learn to work up to 480V 3-Phase.
- Electrical Panel work 110/220 & 277/480 volt.
- Basic Welding Knowledge.
- Proficient in reading prints.
- Ability to layout, cut, grind & fabricate.
- Operate a variety of powered hand tools and equipment; Pneumatic/electric drivers and drills, Scissorlift, Manlift, Cutting/Welding Equipment, Fire Fighting Equipment (hoses, extinguishers).
- Safe forklift operation.
- Gain an understanding of the operation of all PPC equipment used in the Manufacture, Inspection, Assembly and Shipping of product.
- Safely operate an overhead crane.
- EMBRACE THE SAFETY CULTURE “NO ONE HURT FOR ANY REASON”.
- PPE Required; Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection, Steel Toe Boots, Safety Harness.
- Understand LOTO procedure for all Equipment.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent preferred but not required.
- Mechanical Aptitude Required.
- Maintenance Experience and/or Technical Training.
- Spanish as a second language helpful (California Plant).
- Lift 50 Pounds.
- Basic Math Skills Required.
- Reading and Comprehension Required.
- Must be Comfortable working at Elevated Heights and Enclosed Spaces.