Looking for a company in Thomaston?
Westaff has a company searching for some mechanically inclined workers!
- coil inserter & winder , 2nd shift
-dip room attendant
ESSENTIAL DUTIES FOR DIP ROOM ATTENDANT:
-follow a variety of written and verbal instructions and procedures
-prepare parts for set up and taping off areas
-dig, impregnate and bake components
-clean up parts
-note and record temperature
-ensure finished products meet specifications
-keeping area clean and free of scrap materials
-experience working in a manufacturing environment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES FOR COIL & WINDER:
- Checks stator, rotor or armature for bent lamination, burrs, or slots that are not clear.
- Reviews traveler for connection diagram, type of winding, span, inserts and coil grouping. For varnish jobs, installs slot liners and begins inserting bottom of first coil in slot and top into proper slot based on span and continue coil insertion for whole group.
- Continues with following groups, inserting phase papers between groups.
- Shapes coils with forming fixture using press or mallet and check with template.
- Ties both ends and attaches leads by soldering with solder pot and ladles, hand soldering iron, or, for smaller gauge wires, brazing.
- Input wires are then labeled, and stator is sent to test. For VPI job (sealed insulation), each coil is taped with non-adhesive insulation and additional sleeves, silicone and moisture blockers are installed.
- Rotors and armatures follow similar procedures, but slots are on outside. Coil wires on armatures must go to the commutator in proper sequence. On heavy duty motors, these wires are welded to the commutator using TIG. On large wound rotors, support rings attached to core support ends of coils.
- On very large stator/frame assemblies, large rings are temporarily installed and rest in a roller assembly which allows the unit to be rotated for coil insertion.
- For very large rotors, a temporary arbor is supported on each end and that allows the unit to be rotated for coil insertion.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Winding Team Leader.