Summary: The Stacker Mechanic performs routine setups, maintenance and repair of packaging equipment as directed.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
• Set up chutes, conveyors, and stackers for product changes on production floor.
• Perform electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical repair both on the production floor and in the shop.
• Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of packaging equipment.
• Troubleshoot electrical, pneumatic and mechanical problems with the packaging and transfer equipment.
• Complete emergency repairs of stackers, baggers, sealers, case sealing equipment, telematics, and shrink packaging equipment.
• Maintain cleanliness and safety of work area, roll up cords and air lines.
• Maintain regrinding equipment upstairs and downstairs. • Fill out all setup sheets for stackers (mold changes)
• Complete all maintenance logs and setup sheets
• Maintain vertical lift elevator
• Lockout/tag out
• Follow GMP’S To PM all Stacker Department equipment and fill out PM forms.
• Assist in fabrication and overhaul of packaging equipment.
• Assist stacker repair mechanic trainees.
Candidate Requirements: • High School Diploma or equivalent • 2-4 years’ experience with basic electrical knowledge and trouble shooting skills. • Hand tools, welders, bench grinder, drill press, sheet metal shear & brake, band saws. • Able to find part numbers from equipment manuals. • Able to read and understand basic multi-meter functions. • Good eye and hand coordination • Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.