Westaff has a Accounting and Payroll Assistant opening in Hamden, CT
This is a Temp To Perm position.
Full Time opening, paying approximately 38k to 45k/year based on experience.
The Accounting and Payroll Assistant is responsible for supporting the entire accounting team by being able to make collection calls, back-up and assist A/R, A/P and perform all accounting processes, process payroll. This role requires experience, competency, discretion and attention to detail, as well interpersonal skills for dealing with members of the accounting team, and being able to engage in A/R collection functions. Knowledge of state sales tax processing will also be required.
The essential functions of the Accounting and Payroll Assistant position are as follows, but not limited to:
- Send out Accounts Receivable Statements
- Accounts Receivable calls and statement processing
- Prepare Weekly Payroll as required.
- Prepare and enter all accompanying payroll reports, journal entries and post to general ledger.
- Enter Cash Receipts into cash receipts journal.
- Record wire funds into cash receipts journal.
- Transfer wire funds to Operating Checking and record journal entries that coincide with transactions.
- Prove Credit Card receipts to General Ledger and make journal entry to transfer funds to the Operating Account.
- Organize & develop procedures for online billing and customer billing portal access.
- Responsible for customer account updates, PO research as well as vendor account maintenance.
- Assist with sales tax reporting, jurisdiction maintenance, accounts payable voucher entries, and payment processing.
- Prove Bank Reconciliations.
- Accurately record and reconcile: journal entries, bank statements and general ledger accounts.
- Engage in and facilitate exceptional team communication and collaboration, to ensure that all customer and vendor needs, and company objectives, are fulfilled.
- Maintain a neat or organized work space, and show compassion and respect for all co-workers
The Minimum requirements for the Accounting and Payroll position:
- High School diploma required, some college or college degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience with strong A/R collections, A/P processing and Payroll
- Familiar with Computers/ software and MS Office package (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Familiar with GAAP, and other basic accounting principles and regulations (tax exempt certificates, W-9’s, etc)
- Familiar with online payroll
- Familiar with state and federal labor laws.
Knowledge and skills required are:
- Team - oriented
- Problem Solving /Logical thinking
- Time management
- Strong Computer Skills
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication
- Humility, intelligence and drive