Westaff is hiring manufacturing technicians for a plastics/film manufacturer in Avon for first shift. Manufacturing techinicians are responsible for the production of micro-prism films. The Manufacturing Technician manages material flow on the equipment, monitors operation, makes operating adjustments (as required) and verifies product quality and equipment operating conditions to assure conformance to specifications as well as maintaining his or her area's housekeeping and following proper safety procedures.
Westaff offers immediate insurance benefits upon hire as well as convenient pay card access. All employees are offered eligibility for free enrollment to online classes designed for career advancement.
First shift hours are 6:30am-3pm Monday through Friday with opportunity for OT
Manufacturing Technician Job Duties:
- Safe operation of all manufacturing equipment.
- May be required to operate and inspect Powered Industrial equipment.
- Operate equipment and to perform all functions to produce quality compliant films.
- Understand and wear all Personal Protection Equipment as required.
- Perform all required quality checks pertaining to runs as required.
- Remove and inspects tooling as required.
- Monitor and records pressure and ranges as required.
- Load film on and off machines.
- Slit material to appropriate widths and lengths as required.
- Set up and perform splices.
- Complete all roll documentation as required.
- Processes work orders using Enterprise System.
- Print and verify work in progress work labels.
- Follow all standardized procedures while operating machines.
- Comply with all OSHA regulations.
- Proactively detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to Supervisor.
- Hazardous Waste (communication/handling).
- Understand Safety Data Sheet documentation.
- Retrieve chemicals from Chemical Mix Room as required.
- Basic troubleshooting of process/product variations and/or equipment related issues.
- Effective communication during shift change to both Supervisors and other operators.
- Enter requests in Computer Maintenance Management System.
- Support and performs routine maintenance on equipment.
- Take preventive measures and performing such tasks as equipment cleaning.
- Maintain documentation of all required machine reports.
- Maintain an optimal level of product quality.
- Attend all job required training sessions.
- Participate in communication meetings.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area.
- High School Diploma required.
- Read, write and effectively communicate in the English language.
- Competency with Microsoft Office products.
0 - 1 years of manufacturing technician experience.
Aptitudes & Characteristics:
- Exhibit a high level of attention to detail, care and caution to surroundings, especially when involved with high risk duties.
- Must have a positive “can do” attitude and a sense of accountability.
- Must be a fast learner, driven and self-motivated; strive towards continuous improvement, innovation, creativity, and demonstrated a clear sense of urgency.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision and as a team member.
- Must be able to safely lift and move objects up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Required ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk, stretch, reach, crawl and grasp objects.
- Required to bend, stoop, climb or kneel occasionally.
- Ability to follow directions, make conscientious decisions, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must has a positive “can do” attitude and a sense of accountability; takes initiative
Must be a fast learner, driven and self-motivated; strive towards continuous improvement