Westaff's Career Division is hiring a Project Manager to work with a local company! This is a great opportunity for a career-minded visionary!!!
The Project Manager will be responsible for reviewing detailed estimates that include a clear scope of work that matches the client's requirements. Responsible for understanding architectural drawings and specification, scope of work and writing RFI's.
Job duties and expectations:
- Work with the client from the start of each project to ensure you understand the project scope and vision
- Oversee the beginning of each turn-key project, including details like permit submission and design evaluations
- Create the schedule for each project and match talent to the job
- Process change orders
- Collaborate with the architect and construction crew to ensure feasibility of each project
- Conduct meetings on-site with architect, client and construction crew
- Negotiate with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors
- Prepare and submit project estimates to clients
- 70% of the position will be working at a desk and with technical drawings. Must be very comfortable on a PC.
- 20% of the position will be conducting job site visits ensuring schematics are being followed to spec. Must feel comfortable on a job site and communicating with Architects, Project Managers and General Contractors.
- 10% of work is customer service, follow up and other duties as assigned.
- Some travel is required. All expenses covered by company.
Company offers a competitive salary and benefits package including 15 days Paid Time Off, Holidays, Simple IRA plan with 3% company match and a Health Insurance Stipend.
- Must be very computer literate with experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Autocad (or similar software) experience helpful but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree helpful but not required
- 5-7 years’ experience in a Construction Project Management role
- Working hours are 40-50 hours per week based on projects
Email your resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org