The Machine Operator receives daily direction from the Team Lead/Plant Manager/Production Supervisor. The Machine Operator is responsible for working in an assigned group to meet the daily production requirements of that group.
- 1. The Machine Operator will be tasked with a variety of machining and general labor tasks in various areas in the manufacturing facility.
- 2. Contribute to the efforts of the team in the assigned group to meet the daily goals in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Productivity.
- 3. Contribute to efforts to maintain zero lost time accidents, both in the area and throughout the plant.
- 4. Drive and support efforts to maintain good housekeeping practices in both the assigned group and throughout the facility.
- 5. Other duties as assigned by management. Experience and Requirements: • Must be able to read, evaluate and respond to product specifications, blueprints and drawings, and perform normal math calculations easily. • Must be familiar and comfortable with industrial machinery. • Must have strong general mechanical skills. • Familiar with the use of micrometers, snap gauges or other tools for dimensional evaluation. • Knowledge in the following areas: assembly, machining, ability to read and understand drawings, quality control and safety. • Experience in working with a team in a diverse manufacturing environment. Three years’ experience preferred but will consider other applicants.
- 6. Effective verbal, written, and mathematical skills are required. • Must be able to walk and stand throughout an eight hour shift. • Must be able to consistently lift 25 lbs. from floor or table position to chest high using proper lifting technique. • Must be able to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers in the manipulation of parts. • Must demonstrate good hand/eye coordination. Must demonstrate good manual dexterity. • Strong math skills: add, subtract, multiply, divide.
- Payrate: $15.00/hour
- Shift: 6:30-3pm