Our Career Division is now hiring for a Journey machinist for a great company in Livingston Parish!
Overview: Machinist is responsible for manually operating machines and producing complex production and prototype parts to design specs.
- Able to operate Lathes, cylindrical grinders, and HBM from part set up to job completion.
- Studies blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering information, or sample parts to determine product dimensions and tolerances as well as best method and sequence of operations needed to fabricate parts.
- Selects appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used for machining work.
- Calculates dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and calipers.
- Align/secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, and materials onto machines.
- Other manual duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Reciprocating Compressor Components.
- Able to trouble shoot Reciprocating Compressor associated with packing cases, valves, piston and rods.
- Strong analytical and communication skills a must.