Legal Research Assistant
This position serves as the Legal Analyst for the Legal Department’s Legal Services team, with a particular focus on motor carrier service matters and legal research. This position is responsible for assisting and providing preliminary legal support in conjunction with the Legal Services team for the Department.
- Legal research and memorandums on a wide array of tax topics
- Confidentiality Agreements/Non-disclosure Agreements in collaboration with counsels and paralegal
- Power of Attorney assistance to the Senior Counsel
- Streamlined Sales Tax assistance to the Senior Counsel
- General Legal Assistance (any area)
- Legislative implementation for effected areas
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Optional, enrolled in or has at least two (2) years of experience in law school.
- Communicates effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge and ability to use MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, and TEAMS.
- Familiarity with Indiana and federal laws, Indiana state contracting and procurement requirements, and the Indiana Code of Ethics.
- Knowledgeable and can use Westlaw or LexisNexis for legal research.
What You Get
- Competitive pay
- Work downtown (Paid Parking)
- Excellent legal resume builder
- Family-friendly schedule (no overtime)
- Career opportunity (contract-to-hire)
Working For Westaff
Westaff is a nationwide professional staffing firm with more than 70 years of recruiting and selection expertise to match job candidates with positions where they will succeed. As the locally owned franchise Westaff has helped people like you find jobs in Indianapolis for over 30 years. Through our extensive network of clients, we can introduce you to a variety of administrative, clerical or light industrial opportunities. We’re dedicated to getting good people good jobs
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday