Westaff is hiring an Injection mold operating technician in West Springfield!
Shift: Second shift
- Set-up, operate and troubleshoot equipment to produce injection molded parts to specification; while running the machine at or above standard rates
- Ensure maximum efficiency including set-up time, materials, production rate and material consumption.
- Machine readiness — inspect machinery, equipment and tooling prior to set-up.
- Identify issues, which adversely affect product requirements and communicate with appropriate department personnel for resolution.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning
- Identify nonconforming materials/products and work with shift leader for resolution
- Complete projects as assigned by the Production Shift Leader
- Train other team members on machine operation and other training programs. Quality
- Ensure part quality meets established standards
- Perform housekeeping duties
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
- Complete all shift documentation/paperwork
- Shift hand-off — go over job status and updates with incoming shift Safety
- Participate jn safety programs
- Follow all established safety procedures
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
- One (1) year injection molding experience;
- Mechanical aptitude;
- Ability to read, write and speak English to meet training, safety and quality requirements.
- Experience operating injection molding machines, robots, and related manufacturing equipment;
- Organization and time management;
- Computer and software skills;
- Knowledge of quality control principles and Statistical Process Control,
- Weekly pay
- Free online skill building courses designed for manufacturing career advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement plans
- Permanent opportunity
Apply now for immediate attention!