Westaff is hiring for a CNC Mill programmer/operator in Newburyport MA
Payrate: $30-$40/hr based on experience
- Create programs for CNC milling machines using Mastercam.
- Set up CNC milling machines and prove out programs with sample parts.
- Run CNC milling machines to produce parts to customer specifications.
- Perform some manual machining as required.
- Verify critical features on first piece parts prior to submission for inspection.
- Perform in-process inspections of parts against customer specifications.
- Keep detailed records of inspections and completion of process steps.
- Perform secondary operations such as cleaning and deburring.
- Inspect CNC milling machines for proper operation and report any problems.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance on CNC milling machines.
- Assist with job quotes for new and existing work
- Oversee operator training on set-up and operation.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Order supplies, consumables and tooling when needed.
- Comply with quality management system requirements.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Good computer skills, familiarity with office software.
- CAD/CAM programming skills, specifically Mastercam mill.
- Good record keeping and organizational skills.
- Use of micrometers, calipers, optical comparators, and other inspection tools.
- Basic geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Setup and operation of CNC milling machines.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with CNC milling machines and parts.
- Understanding of machining methods and cutting tool capabilities.
- Understanding of speed and feed adjustments and effects on cutting conditions.
- Good math skills.
CEC Specific Training Required
- Control of Non-conforming Outputs
- Configuration Management
- ID & Traceability
- CNC department process