Westaff is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Leader for our client in Peabody, MA and Keene, NH
$140k - $165k
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS) with a focus on building a continuous improvement environment across the business.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to identify and deliver improvement activities through the application of process improvement methodologies and innovation.
- Monitor QMS performance to drive sound data-driven decisions, proactively identifying the beginning of trends that will affect business management system performance.
- Identify and manage the quality key performance indicators to assess performance; present this data regularly to the management team and implement any resulting corrective action plans.
- Ensure all employees are adequately trained on QMS policies and procedures; conduct QMS training for new staff members.
- Facilitate LEAN/process improvement-based activities to drive ideas and solutions.
- Interface with Materials Management and supplier representatives to address vendor Quality issues and ensure appropriate levels of corrective action are developed and implemented.
- Oversee the customer complaint and CAR process to ensure problem verification, research, root cause analysis, and resolution occur in a timely manner; ensure root-cause analysis and problem-solving activities are conducted to develop effective corrective action and process improvement.
- Actively work with Engineering/R&D on New Product Development projects and processes
- Manage product material compliance initiatives such as REACH, ROHS, WEEE, Conflict Minerals, etc.
- BS or MS degree in Engineering discipline
- 5+ years of experience in a Quality leadership role
- Experience in an ISO 9000 manufacturing business
- Management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage relationships with stakeholders, suppliers and customers.
- Familiarity with fabricated sheet metal design.