Westaff is searching for Palletizer for our client in Salem, MA
Benefits for our Westaff Associates:
- Retirement Savings Plan
- FREE Online Training
- Weekly Pay
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
5:30pm - 6am (37.5 hours)
Purpose or the Palletizer: Operates console that controls automatic palletizing equipment to sort, transfer, and stack on pallets boxes of finished products by performing the following duties.
Duties of the Palletizer
- Inspect pallet jacks before use in production.
- Reads production and stacking pattern to determine sorting and transfer procedures, arrangement of packages on pallet, and destination of loaded pallet.
- Transfer pallets of finished product to Automatic Pallet Wrapper using motorized pallet jack.
- Observes packages moving along conveyor to identify packages and to detect defective packaging and removes defective cases to assigned pallet.
- Ensure tape machine (Little David) is always full and replace with new tape when needed.
- Verify each product has the correct label before the 1st label is applied to any cases. The correct label will include the appropriate Product name, code, batch # with lot code, size and case count. Adheres label to each case by hand in sequential order when needed.
- Ensure label maker (Label-Aire) is always full of labels and operating correctly, ability to trouble shoot problems,
- Prints labels using computer.
- Ensures that any unused labels from a previous batch or product are discarded.
- Basic computer and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate machinery and equipment.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ability to follow procedures.
Apply Now to our Palletizer position in Salem, MA