Quality Engineer needed for Plastic Manufacturing Company in Shelton, CT
Hours: 8am to 5pm (As needed)
Pay: 73k- 102k
Monday to Friday
Quality Engineer Responsibilities Include:
- Identifying, implementing, and measuring quality improvements using statistical analysis.
- Utilize quality system compliance, process controls, failure analysis, risk management, supplier quality, and customer satisfaction.
- The QE will also support, and sometimes lead, the Internal Auditing, CAPA, SCAR, MSA, SPC, and complaints handling programs for the plant.
- Work with Operations team to develop a PFMEA process.
- Assist with the implementation of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Good Documentation Practices (GDPs) related to food contact packaging and aligned to any SQF requirement.
- Utilize OpEx (Six Sigma/ Lean) tools to improve yield, increase cost savings, and grow customer satisfaction.
Quality Engineer requirements Include:
- Education and/or Experience - BS degree or equivalent degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field of study.
- 3+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred.
- Six Sigma or Lean certification or training preferred.
- Working knowledge of software programs - Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project. Minitab experience is a plus!
Apply today for immediate consideration for the Quality Engineer position!
Members of the Military and Veterans are encouraged to apply!