Dock Production Assistant
Westaff is seeking a Dock Production Assistant for a local thrift shop in Helena, MT!!
- Works on dock accepting incoming donation items and sorts according to the various departments.
- Works on dock refusing incoming donation items that are ripped, stained, torn, or broken.
- Moves lift furniture items, and assists customers with loading purchased merchandise
- Responsible for keeping the dock warehouse clean, orderly, and safe during the scheduled shifts.
- Provides customers with donation receipts
- Responsible for ensuring a safe sales floor environment for co-workers and customers
- Informs supervisor about any repairs or supplies needed
- Adheres to all building safety requirements, as well as follows procedure when an incident, accident or injury has occurred.
- Adheres to all store lifting policies and weight restrictions
- In the event, a co-worker is out, potentially be willing to cover for the dock area
- Greets and assists customers, clients, and donors, treating all with respect and dignity
- Maintains floors, sweeping, washing on the dock area
- Breaks down cardboard boxes for recycling
- Must complete VIRTUS training per Diocesan policy
- Other duties as necessary
- Organized, sets priorities meet deadlines, and works with minimum supervision
- Excellent customer service skills while dealing with customers, co-workers, and volunteers
- Must be a team player
- Valid MT Driver’s License, or valid MT Identification Card, and social security card for hiring purposes and dependent upon position.
- Background check required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience or knowledge of thrift store operations
- Frequent Lifting, carrying, and transporting of objects weighing up to 50lbs.
- Mobility within the facility and the ability to occasionally drive, load, and unload the delivery truck
- Weekly pay!
- FREE online skills classes available
- Possibility of leading to a permanent position
Don't miss this opportunity! Apply for IMMEDIATE consideration!
Military & Veterans encouraged to apply