CNC Machinist Wanted!
A locally-owned, family-oriented air parts manufacturing company is seeking an EXPERIENCED CNC Machinist. Machinist must have a minimum of three years of experience in an aerospace/aircraft machine shop, and a minimum of three years of experience with Makino machines/controls/pallet system.
1st, 2nd and Weekend Shifts available.
Pay range: $18-22/hour, Weekly Pay! Medical benefits available.
CNC Machinist Duties:
- Configure mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs
- Load machines with work pieces
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces
- Maintain specifications by observing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; editing programs; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Meet production goals in terms of cycle time, quantity, and quality
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Familiar with safety standards and PPE utilized in a manufacturing setting
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to read and write English
- Proficient in blue print reading
- Knowledge of hand tools and precision measuring tools, such as calipers and micrometers
- Ability to stay on task with minimal supervision
- Problem solving skills a must
- Strong communication skills and a good eye to detail
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Members of the Military and Veterans Welcome to Apply!
Westaff is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.