Do you have experience working in a Machine Shop or experience and education as a CNC Machinist with a Lathe or Milling machine? Do you want to start your career as a CNC Machinist? Westaff has MULTIPLE long-term full-time opportunities for a Machine Shop Trainees in Independence, LA. Apply Today!
Pay: $16-$20 an hour, Depending on Experience
Hours: 6:00 am- 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
CNC Machinists- Lathe/Mill Operator Trainee Job Qualifications:
- Previous experience operating CNC Machines, Lathe and Mill preferred.
- Capable of reading blueprints and drawings.
- Capable of calculating mathematics.
- Capable of using precision tools.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have a valid driver's license.
CNC Machinists- Lathe/Mill Operator Trainee Job Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to hear alarms.
- Capable to operate Lathe and Mill machines.
- Capable to bend, squat, and stoop.
- Capable of lifting 70lbs to shoulder height.
- Capable of using pneumatic tools.
- Capable of using hand tools.
- Capable of operating a forklift.
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled machine shop
CNC Machinists- Lathe/Mill Operator Trainee Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding, milling etc.
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines.
- Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate large number of parts.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, NON-DOT Physical and background screen
- Full-time Long-term Opportunity
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Retirement Savings Plan
Apply today to our Machinist Trainee opportunities!
We encourage both military, spouses and veterans to apply.