Westaff is seeking an Office Administrator for a local company in Helena, MT!
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm
Manage the daily operations of company offices, customer service, human resources, and marketing. Perform a variety of professional, technical, and administrative duties related to organizing, planning, directing, and coordinating office, customer service, human resources, and marketing activities. Ensure efficient and hassle free experience to customers while meeting the expectation of company policies and standard operating procedures. This position reports to the Controller and Executive Vice President of the company and supervises all office staff and temporary workers assigned to the office and customer service group as well as assisting and supporting the company’s other department heads.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND STRATEGIC PLANNING
In coordination with the Senior Leadership Team, develop and/or modify effective and efficient operational procedures and overall business strategy.
- Assess company operational and strategic performance.
- Identify areas for business improvement and initiate change to improve business efficiency.
- Analyze problems raised by the public, staff, and regulatory agencies to determine the nature and scope of the problem.
- Research competition to identify threats and opportunities.
- Align processes, resource-planning with the business goals and overall strategic planning.
- Evaluate current financial performance and identify specific areas of improvement.
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management.
- Provide support and insight into significant business changes.
Plan, coordinate, and mange office operations to achieve company goals.
- Implement and execute plans to complement the business strategic and operating plan; maximize the customer experience, growth, and durability, while optimizing profitability.
- Ensure maximum productivity and customer service for commercial, roll-off and residential customers and establish productivity goals where needed; ensure adherence to operating standards; and manage labor hours and expenses.
- Lead staff to exceed productivity goals and expectations for all tasks.
- Create, modify, and improve standard operating procedures to maximize efficiency and efficacy.
- Ensure compliance with all standards including environmental, operating, and regulatory.
- Complete and track the progress of required documentation for injuries, accidents, and claims.
- Interact with customers and local, state, and federal government employees to resolve customer service concerns; ensure regulatory compliance standards are met.
- Answer and respond to customer inquiries and complaints in a timely manner; coordinate with Controller to resolve customer billing issues.
- Approve expenses including approval of purchase orders and vendor pricing; order materials and services; track and document purchases in coordination with Controller.
- Work with Accountant to maintain and manage budget for office; monitors and justifies costs and/or expenditures for adherence to budget.
- Assist in negotiation and administration of contracts with customers, vendors, consultants, or agencies.
- Complete and oversee record keeping and reporting requirements for services.
- Resolve unusual service requests, and schedule changes with timely communications to all stakeholders.
- Provide aid to department heads to ensure equipment is in working order and follows safety standards; ensure registration and fleet recordkeeping is current and complete.
- Ensure proper licensing and registration of fleet and vehicles in coordination with department heads.
- Ensure effective communication between office and drivers, mechanic, office staff and Corporate Officers.
- Will be required to work duties performed by employees; provide back-up to employees; answer customer calls, email, other customer inquiries, etc.; fill in when needed.
Directly supervise office staff and temporary employees in accordance with corporate policies and applicable laws.
- Conduct meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Schedule work, employee assignments, and use of equipment and set priorities in these areas.
- Consult with employees to ensure productivity, resolve procedural and/or personnel problems, and assure progress meets schedule.
- Provide safety instruction or training for personnel under charge; ensure proper training for personnel in all tasks or procedures implementation.
- Participate in recruitment, onboarding, promotions, and termination activities; training and development; performance appraisal; reward and discipline; address complaints and resolve problems.
- Approve employee time sheets and leave requests per corporate policy.
- Provide direction and guidance and ensure employees follow corporate policies and procedures.
In coordination with the Senior Leadership Team, develop and implement effective and efficient marketing plans and procedures.
- Develop a strategic marketing plan to meet the needs of the overall business strategy.
- Manage and allocate marketing budget to most productive advertising and marketing opportunities, using data analysis.
- Maintain community relationships through management and allocation of donation budget and community outreach plans.
- Maintain and improve the company’s reputation within the community.
- Utilize social media and manage business account to effectively meet business goals.
- Septic dispatching, scheduling, billing, and other duties required by septic department.
- Track and monitor employee training progress and required training for all employees. Schedule training for employees.
- Attend and participate in meetings, seminars, trainings, and conferences.
- Acts as a liaison, where necessary, for community relationships.
- Perform various accounting tasks, including account payable, reviewing and monitoring customer service team transactions.
- Other duties as required for human resources role.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Must have extensive computer skills with the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Must understand and have experience with basic bookkeeping.
- Must have relevant experience as an office administrator, office manager, executive assistant, or relevant role with both administrative and accounting duties for at least 5 years.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Office)
- Candidate must be able to work under pressure periodically while maintaining the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Career opportunity
- Full benefits paid at 100% by the company
Apply TODAY for our Office Administrator position!
Military & Veterans encouraged to apply