WESTAFF is actively recruiting for Mailroom Assistant in the Durham, NC area
$15.00 per hour
Day Shift Monday - Friday 8AM-5PM (40 hours per week) Temp to perm opportunity
Receptionist Duties (but not limited to):
- Sort, login (Notifii system) and deliver received mail and packages: via UPS, FedExp, Amazon and other carriers.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Operate pallet jack, hand trucks and shipping and receiving equipment, Mail Machine, Desktop Freight Scales, Tape Gun to seal packages, Packing tapes, etc.
- Professional daily interaction with shipping/trucking/delivery companies, drivers, students, faculty, other school staff.
- Maintain shelving filing system for incoming student packages.
- Confirm accuracy of Notifii package system and open & closed package count.
- Maintain postage meter, postage and charge mailing to correct dept.
- Deliver and pickup mail to/from student mailboxes and faculty mailrooms daily.
- Assign mailboxes to students.
- Repair student mailboxes (as needed)
- Provide tracking of shipments as needed
- Help students and faculty with packing and arranging for carrier pickup
- Help determine the cost, prepaying etc. for packages being mailed out.
- PO invoices, match invoices to AP for processing
- Office duties as the come up
- Computer skills are required
- 2-3 years in a mailroom setting is a plus
- High School Diploma required
- One-week paid vacation per year
- Paid sick time
- Permanent Opportunity
- Paid Holidays
Military and Veterans encouraged to apply
PLEASE INCLUDE UPDATE RESUME FOR CONSIDERATION