Westaff is hiring for a Project Engineer (Plastics) in West Springfield!
Pay: 70,000+ annually depending on experience
- Devise and implement improvements for processes, equipment and methods needed to manufacture products
- Establish material, labor and machinery standards for products as assigned.
- Communicate with planning and design staffs concerning product design and tooling to assure efficient production methods.
- Lead or coordinate development of new products or processes.
- Train other department team members on the proper methods for utilizing equipment.
- Improve production efficiencies through increased cycle rates and labor optimization methods.
- Develop, write, execute, analyze and document plans; interpret and document results; communicate, and implement changes driven by results
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical Engineering or similar degree.
- Knowledge of plastic materials
- Must be a self-starter, a “hands-on” engineer, good organizational skills and good written and verbal communications skills
- Process troubleshooting experience or experience in a manufacturing environment Ability to learn and utilize MRP/ERP system
- Background in statistical analysis techniques or statistical process control
- Knowledge of modern manufacturing methods including Lean, Six Sigma, etc.
- Project management – leads projects for process improvements within defined machine parameters & specifications