Direct Hire Opportunity in Pearland, Texas
Position: Mechanic (Bundle Shop)
Reports To: Bundle Shop Foreman
Pay: $15.00 - $23.00 per hour based on experience
Job summary: Under the direction of the Assembly/Bundle Shop Supervisor, the mechanic assembles shell and tube heat exchanger bundles and its sub components, assembles/disassembles bolted exchangers components, and test bundles/exchangers.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
• Layout and cutting of baffle plates using cutting torch/plasma arc.
• Cutting and threading spacer tubes and round bar.
• Assembly of tie rods, spacers and baffles.
• Structural welding of bundle assemblies.
• Hang the stationary tube sheets, poke tubes into baffle assembly.
• Roll tubes placed into tube sheets and baffles.
• If needed, install bundle into shell using various rigging equipment.
• Perform hydro testing of assembled units.
• Load completed units onto flatbed trucks.
• Make tube hole ID records, hydro-test results and dimensional records of exchangers.
• Assembly on channels, channel covers, floating heads and other large heavy and heavy
components using overhead cranes and other rigging equipment.
• Bolting and unbolting components using manual, impact and hydro torque equipment.
• Using large band saws to cut bundles for re-tubes.
• Completing jobs based on standard shop procedures.
• Conforms to safety requirements of the shop.
• Other duties as assigned.
Paid time off
Apply now and call 337-786-5627.