Westaff is now seeking a Production Utility Operator for a manufacturing company in Helena, MT!!
Schedule: *shifts vary depending on the needs of production*
Afternoon Shift: 2:00pm – 10:00pm
Weekend Shift: 6:00am – 6:00pm or 6:00pm – 6:00am plus two days on one of the shifts during the week.
JOB SUMMARY: Packages product into designated containers and also operates various pieces of equipment to mill, classify and process products by performing the following duties. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Operates forklift in a safe and prudent manner.
- Reads packing order carefully and ensures the correct tags, pallets, lot numbers, and codes (if needed) are being used.
- Packs and ensures product is packed into proper containers, at proper weight, and on proper pallet. Takes samples as directed on the packing order. Sets up all packing equipment and packaging materials properly for packing.
- Stacks containers neatly on pallets. Ensures proper numbers of containers are on each pallet.
- Weighs, tags and marks completed pallets. Blows any product dust off completed pallet with air compressor. Places cardboard between pallets before stacking. Stacks completed pallets in proper rows with a forklift.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs maintenance check on assigned forklift daily.
- Conveys all pertinent information about packing system to shift Supervisor and relief operator.
- Reports to work promptly to check with previous operator about current status and condition of packing system and products to be packed.
- Checks with Supervisor for any special instructions. Reports any abnormalities in equipment or product to the shift Supervisor immediately.
- Maintains a clean work area and ensures that the packing station is cleaned at the end of each shift.
- Transports bags of sampled product to the lab when the lot of product is completed. Page 2 of 3 Uncontrolled when Printed
- Documents and completes all information on the packing report. Plots the finished weights on the packing flow chart. Notes any abnormalities in product or equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or four months on the job experience. Employees shall complete the required hours training and tasks indicated on the “Training Checklist” for this position After successfully completing the training, an operator is considered trained for up to twelve months without performing that particular job (as long as they are current on any SOP changes.) All operators must successfully complete safety and forklift training.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee;
- May frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, bend, squat, stoop, twist, and kneel.
- Be able to grasp, reach, push, and pull.
- Climb up and down ladders and stairs. Page 3 of 3 Uncontrolled when Printed
- Use hands, fingers, arms, legs, and feet to operate a forklift.
- Reach with hands and arms to package product and operate equipment.
- May be frequently required to climb on and off a forklift.
- Required to talk and hear on the phone to receive and convey instructions.
- May frequently lift and/or move 55 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 80 pounds.
- Required to clean in their work areas by sweeping, vacuuming, and shoveling.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception
Don't miss this amazing opportunity! APPLY TODAY for this permanent position!
Military and Veterans encouraged to apply