CNC Machinist Duties:
• Set-up, operate, and monitor CNC lathes and mill machines.
• Interact with shop supervisor to select and research tools for job.
• Generate purchase requisitions for shop supplies as needed.
• Perform periodic spot inspections.
• Review process sheets when job is complete, markup the process sheet, to reflect the method of manufacturer and the proper cycle times, as approved by engineer.
• Keep program files current and orderly, so they can easily be retrieved and sent to the machines as required.
• Work toward productivity improvement on all jobs.
• Work with the head supervisor and production control, to make recommendations regarding best work centers, and sequencing of jobs, to optimize workflow throughout the department.
• Create new programs, and edit existing programs as needed, notifying head supervisor and engineers in the process
- Free Online Skills Building Training
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401k