Overtime - No Mandatory Weekends - Benefits
Hours: 3:30 p.m. - 2:00 a.m., Monday-Friday
The Welder Setup Operator is responsible for welding production orders or components using MIG and/or TIG processes to meet customer and quality specifications. This involves using training or knowledge of welding techniques, knowledge of set-up requirements and meeting established production requirements on consistent basis. This is for a job shop with short runs. Qualified welders will be considered for prove design positions. Work is with thin gauge tube.
Essential Job Functions:
- Read previously prepared setup sheets and routing package for individual parts.
- Determines what tooling is needed and where it is located.
- Follows established set-up requirements and ensures settings are correct.
- Receives approval on setup pieces as required.
- Operates machine to run production and performs quality inspections as required by the written Quality Procedures.
- Makes necessary adjustments during production runs to stay in tolerances.
- May use templates, fixtures, surface plate, calipers, snap gauges, or other inspection tools to measure welded components, bead size, or other necessary dimensions per blueprint.
- Watches for presence of burn through, cold starts, lack of penetration, bead size, or other indications of suspect welds.
- Complete records of production including scrap or rework reasons.
- Move parts to the subsequent operation with pallet jack.
- Assists in writing new or changing existing Setup Sheets.
- May assist Engineering in developing new processes and trying out new tooling.
- Participate in the corrective action process to prevent defects from recurring.
- Follow procedures consistently to obtain repeatability.
- Participate in team meetings seeking continuous improvements for the operation.