Production Planner/ Expediter needed for a Manufacturing company in Naugatuck, CT!
Hours: 7AM-3:30PM M-F, with occasional weekends and OT!
The Production Planner / Expediter will work with the production team to ensure all required material is in stock to meet production demand. They will be responsible to drive communication to the Inventory/Receiving team to prepare for all incoming material. They will work with the Purchasing team to maintain vendor relationships and identify parts that need to be procured.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain a transparent and confirmed schedule of incoming material.
- Identify and execute inventory optimization initiatives and ensure appropriate levels and accuracy of inventory planning. This includes review and calculation of forecasts, safety stocks, kanban quantities, order quantities, etc.
- Collaborate between departments to improve communication and coordination of supply chain.
- Expedite material as required with detail and a high sense of urgency.
- Identify process gaps that may delay manufacturing or hinder delivery.
- Act as liaison between suppliers, production, engineering, and purchasing.
- Responsible for maintaining weekly and monthly shipment release reporting.
- Responsible for supplier relationship management. Work with suppliers to establish performance goals with respect to continuity of supply, quality, and delivery. Monitor supplier's performance to agreed upon service/contractual obligations.
Required qualifications & education to be considered:
- High school diploma or GED
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel skills
- Problem Solving Skills, High Attention to Detail and Highly Organized
- Previous experience with Kanban is desired but not required.
Experienced Team Leads and Production Planning Assistants, are highly encouraged to APPLY!