Are you an experienced machinist? Do you have previous EDM Machine experience? Westaff is looking for an EDM Machinist in Windsor, CT for an Aerospace company!
Days/Hours: 2nd Shift Mon-Fri 3:30pm-12:00am
EDM Machinist Responsibilities:
- Use test panels to check testing material (penetrant) per customer specifications.
- Read and interpret blueprints and work from operation sheets.
- Set up and simultaneously operate a variety of machine tools to produce prevision parts. Maintain awareness of approximate completion times of jobs on machines and begin preparation for subsequent job setups to ensure continual machine usage.
- Select the proper cutting tools and use the correct parameters to manufacture quality parts.
- Strong understanding of mathematics and the correct gauging to inspect parts using standard measuring devices prior to going to inspection.
- Perform jobs with minimal supervision ensuring part conforms to specifications and requirements.
- Make necessary modifications or adjustments as needed.
- Perform machining operations for the purpose of setting production standards.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices on machines and in work area. Comply with all company and safety rules and regulations.
- Wear necessary ppe as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDM Machinist Qualifications:
- 3+ years in an aerospace or high precision manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of EDM Machining
- Interact and communicate in a professional and effective manner with all level employees.
- Read and interpret operation sheets and parameter sheets to effectively complete each job.
- Set parameters for each job in order to get a good LCS test.
- Ability to use various gauges in order to check pieces after completion.
- Ability to set each job up in the machine to be able to cut parts effectively.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent
- Weekly pay
- Permanent opportunity
- Health, dental, vision, and retirement saving plans
- Free Online Skill Building Training
Veterans and Members of the Military are encouraged to apply!