Shift: 2nd Shift 2:00pm-11:00pm
Pay Rate: $22.50
• Monitors and audits product and processes from receiving through shipping to ensure all food safety and quality requirements are met. Supports and adheres to all company safety rules and programs to provide safe working conditions for all associates.
• Conducts microbiological, analytical, performance and organoleptic testing on ingredients, packaging, work in process and finished products to ensure all materials meet standard quality requirements. Notifies management of all deviations.
• Assists in maintaining database of required lab data.
• May be required to observe processes and work closely with plant personnel and Corporate R&D to develop and maintain detailed and accurate plant floor work instructions for formulas and product specifications. May help train batch operators, filling operators and other plant personnel on formula and specification requirements, GMP’s, processing, laboratory and evaluation procedures.
• Verifies that process controls, weight control, HACCP and finished product specifications are adhered to by regularly auditing procedures and paperwork.
• May assist plant and R&D personnel to test and commercialize new products or changes to existing products, collect and send process data and product samples to authorized RPC associates and external customers.
• Initiates, documents and tracks changes to products and processes, including those related to supplier changes for ingredients & packaging material and engineering changes to equipment and/or processes. • Demonstrate high moral character and ethics. Adheres to company codes of conduct.
• Works closely with plant Production Teams to monitor product runs, investigate and solve product quality issues, ensure compliance to GMP practices, sanitation programs, BRC GFSI Standards, product safety and all RPC, Kosher/Halal and regulatory requirements.
Why work for Westaff?
Free online courses
Opportunity for advancement
Health, Dental, Vision, and retirement savings plans
Veterans and members of the Military are encouraged to apply!
Qualifications: • Degree in Biology, Food Science, Food Technology or related field preferred, but not required. • 1+ years’ experience in a food-processing, pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing industry. • Demonstrated knowledge and application of quality assurance techniques and tools and quality management principles in a food, chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment • Demonstrated knowledge of efficient and safe manufacturing operations to include GMP’s, HACCP, product and associate safety, product quality, and cost control (minimizing downtime and waste, optimizing yield) • Demonstrated ability to train associates as well as plan, monitor and schedule tasks and projects • Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems • Demonstrated ability to formulate and understand basic statistical analysis. • Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Proficient or ability to become proficient in Microsoft Access, MiniTab, SAP/PLM Basic communication in English, able to handle repetitious tasks, able to lift up to 50lbs, able to work under temperature from -30°F to 105°F, where applicable, able to stand on feet for a duration of up to 13 hours, able to handle a moderate degree of physical activity including continuous standing for 10-13 hours, frequent walking, bending and reaching.