Westaff is now seeking an Accounting Specialist for a state department in Helena, MT!!
*temporary position, but opening available on state careers website*
Schedule: Full Time M-F, 8-5
- Prepare budgets.
- Enter transactions and reconcile account balances.
- Prepare accurate work papers, schedules, and reconciliations for audit purposes.
- Send invoices to accounts.
- Enforce payment terms with accounts.
- Stay up to date on state and local tax laws.
- Work with external auditors.
- Record payments and disbursements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge, of budget and audit principles and practices.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to proactively recognize and solve problems.
- Some Accounting experience
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), SABHRS and Internet Budget Analysis and Reporting System (IBARS) experience.
- Medicaid, HELP, or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) program experience and knowledge of related federal and state laws, rules and regulations.
- Degree in accounting, economics, math or closely related field
Don't wait - Apply NOW to be considered for our Temporary Accounting position in Helena!
Military and Veterans encouraged to apply