Westaff is seeking an Operations Tech I. The Operations Tech I monitors Compression Stations in Milton, VT and Pembroke, NH, and customer sites to ensure the safety of customers and employees, and to ensure that the customers received CNG in a timely and efficient manner. This is a direct hire postition.
Pay: 18.00 plus $2.50 shift differential
Duration: Direct Hire
Operations Tech 1 Job Description: The Operations Technicians work 12-hour shifts, either 6 AM – 6 PM, OR 6 PM – 6 AM. This position encompasses many responsibilities within the organization, including but not limited to:
- Reviewing and processing a large amount of data
- Estimating timely scheduling of trucks and drivers
- Monitoring on-site and off-site equipment
- Filling trailers with natural gas
- Providing first-line response to emergencies
Operations Tech 1: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma required.
- 1 year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Track record of punctuality, reliability and dependability
- Ability to keep track of and process large amounts of data to make logical decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing
- Ability to follow detailed instructions, carry out tasks and learn new programs and methods for completing the assigned work
- Ability to exercise mature judgment
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
LANGUAGE: Ability to read, and comprehend procedure, technical procedures and safety manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, and clients
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic math skills including arithmetic, algebra and geometry. Ability to use concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions in developing schedules and troubleshooting problems.