Machine Shop - Overtime - No Weekends
Hours: 5:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m, Monday-Friday
Great start for someone with a little machine experience.
Cutoff Operators set up and operate cutoff machines in a proficient and safe manner to produce quality tubes for bending, welding, or endforming. Machine operators may also perform Tellis, Stamper, Trim or Deburr setup at various times as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follow written instructions to choose material needed and where it is located.
- Select and operate equipment to move material and or tooling to the machine as needed.
- Perform change-over / setup procedures on all cutoff machines.
- Setup and operate Kaltenbach saws or table lathes as needed.
- Get setup approved prior to running production. May approve other employee’s setup if assigned.
- Operate the machine to run production and perform quality inspections as required. Make necessary adjustments during production runs to stay in tolerances.
- Use tape measure, templates, fixtures, surface plate, calipers, snap gauges, or other inspection tools to measure overall length or other necessary dimensions per blueprint. Watches for presence of tube breaks, burrs, and oversize/undersize conditions.
- Complete records of production including designated sample checks or rework reasons.
- Move parts to the subsequent operation with pallet jack or fork truck.
- Follow procedures consistently to obtain repeatability.
- Participate in team meetings seeking continuous improvements for the operation