Westaff has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant in Greenwich, CT for a reputable cemetery business.
Full Time Permanent position! Must be able to work flexible hours as needed including some Saturdays.
The Administrative Assistant helps to direct the overall day-to-day administrative operations of the cemetery to include overseeing the interment schedule, preparation and closing of all graves, placement of temporary and permanent markers and develops and processes all associated paperwork.
Essential Duties of the Administrative Assistant:
- Responsible for administrative operations of the cemetery to include verifying issues prior to interment and making arrangements for committal services, scheduling all burial times, maintaining all property accounts, time and leave records, records management, and the preparation of recurring and special reports. Suggests modifications and improvements needed for more effective administrative duties and to define trends in utilization of burial benefits.
- Prepares and submits all administrative requirements and maintains all related reports and records to ensure all submissions and expenditures are substantiated by full and complete justification, with sign off by Cemetery Managers.
- Has working knowledge of Cemetery Maps in order to locate available sites and assist families in identifying graves of loved ones
- Processes all appropriate paperwork in Cemeteries’ HMIS and obtains appropriate approvals.
- Creates and sends invoices, receives payments and maintains associated records.
- Communicates (in person, on phone and/or in person) with families and funeral homes and provides appropriate information
- Works collaboratively with counselors and other staff in all cemetery operations and to ensure proper record keeping
- Serves as a back-up to Counselors as needed
- Performs all responsibilities in a ministerial capacity, with demonstrated compassion, empathy and understanding for those grieving, attending funerals and visiting graves
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends; and in inclement weather
Education, Skills & Abilities required for the Admin Assistant:
- 1-3 years previous related Administrative Assistant experience, with cemetery experience preferred
- High School diploma or GED, some college preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and CRM software
- It is essential that the individual be courteous, articulate, and reliable and able to work associated Cemetery hours
- Ability to efficiently organize work, work under pressure and to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent writing, proofing and editing skills
- Excellent communications skills by phone and in person and the ability to maintain a high level of discretion and handle details of confidential nature
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills including the ability to interact with a variety of people
- Positions in this class require: standing, fine dexterity, walking, lifting, carrying, sitting, reaching, handling, pushing/pulling, climbing, vision, foot controls, bending, hearing, twisting
- Ability to read and understand English language
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow associates, contractor personnel and client families
- Understands safety and security issues and implications
- Active member of a parish/faith community in good standing with the Church preferred