Westaff Is Seeking Multiple Cemetery Sales Counselors For A Catholic Parish With Properties Located Throughout The Fairfield County, CT!
Pay: $32,500 base salary plus commission!
This is a full time job opportunity fit for a candidate that is empathic and compassionate, who also has sales and customer service experience!
The Family Advisor guides families through end of life decisions, both with immediate decisions (at need) and future, pre-need planning. Performs all responsibilities with demonstrated compassion, empathy and understanding for those grieving, attending funerals and visiting graves.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Family Service Agent:
- Compassionately meets with families about their At Need and Pre-Need end of life decisions and plans
- Educates families on Catholic burial and cemetery processes in order that they make informed decisions in selecting cemetery property and funeral products and services
- Reaches out to families after burials to ensure that everything went smoothly, to discuss future planning needs and to obtain potential referrals for relatives and others
- Composes sales contracts, deeds and associated documentation
- Provides customer service to families and others visiting the cemetery including resolving issues
- Works collaboratively with administrative assistant and other staff in all cemetery operations and to ensure proper record keeping
- Has understanding/familiarity with Cemetery Maps in order to locate available sites and assists families in identifying graves of loved ones
- Proficiency in locating cemetery records in vault in order to obtain necessary information and returns records promptly and appropriately
A Qualified Family Service Agent Is Required To Have The Following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 3-5 years of related sales and/or customer service experience/ working with the public
- Knowledge of the Catholic faith, rituals, and traditions
- Knowledge of processes, principles, and methods for selling products and services preferred
- Record of accomplishment in networking, outreach, developing leads, contacting referrals, setting appointments, and meeting monthly sales goals
- Must be able to serve families with care and compassion, educating and guiding them through the process of making informed decisions for products and services
- Proficient in the use of computers, software, and technology, including knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to use and learn other programs (ie CRM software, Monuvision, etc.)
- Active member of a parish/faith community in good standing with the Church preferred
APPLY TODAY IF YOU ARE AN EXPERIENCED FAMILY SERVICE AGENT OR IF YOU WANT TO DEMONSTRATE YOUR EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SALES SKILLS!