Schedule: Monday through Friday 6:45am – 4:00pm
Ground’s person Position overview:
Westaff is looking for a Grounds Person for a great local company. You will work with the Tree Crew Division. This is a support and technician level job that entails close observance of all safety issues involved in Tree work as well as skills that support the work performed by the Tree Crew, allowing a smooth flow of productivity at the job-site.
Skills and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Strong knowledge of tying and specific uses for tree-industry knots.
• Safety for all types of equipment used (Chipper, Stump Grinder, Chain Saw).
• Being a reliable member of the team responsive to visual cues and hand signals from the Climber and acting promptly with ground support.
• Keeping the work area clear of debris, cleaning up limbs and branches as they are brought down in tree cutting work. Raking the area clear to maintain the safety zone.
• Lining up branches and piling appropriately for loading into the Chipper.
• Keeping tools in the staging area and safe zone.
• Assuring that all lines are always kept clear.
• Being attentive to the Climber’s cues throughout the job, always keeping their eyes on the Climber.
The Grounds person will be the point person prepared to load the appropriate tools for specific jobs for departure from the shop and maintain areas and equipment on the jobsite, including, among other specifics:
• Defining the staging area and safe zones on the jobsite and laying out the tools for the job.
The Grounds person should also have sound knowledge of:
• Chain Saw Blade Sharpening & Maintenance
• General information about Crane operations
• Stump Grinder & Chipper operation & Maintenance
• Riggings used in Tree work - ex: Rope Breaks and Speed Lines.