• Maintain and monitor industry conforming and compliant methods of analyzing and controlling microbial pathogens.
• Investigate quality related customer/consumer complaints and non-conformance issues.
• Assist QA Manager to develop finished production specifications and hold, reject, and release criteria for both raw materials and finished goods.
• Ensure food labels follow guidelines and regulations set forth by FDA. Review in-house nutritional and label information and coordinate label development with outside companies.
• Maintain compliance of all third-party audit inspections and certifications, including SQF, Organic, Non-GMO and Gluten Free certification.
• Responsible for maintaining and enforcing food safety protocols
• Bachelor of Science in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or equivalent Scientific Discipline.
• Experience with FSMA and current food related regulations. PCQI certified preferred
• Experience with GFSI, regulatory, and customer audits. SQF experience preferred.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Understand sampling, testing and verification processes within a manufacturing environment.
• Be able to apply mathematics and be comfortable with technical equipment and computer programs.
• Be self-motivated, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be computer literate in spreadsheet and word processing programs
• Lift 65 lbs. from a bending, standing, or stooping position safely and comfortably.
• Bend, lift, climb, twist, reach, lean over, pull, push, stoop and stand on concrete floor on a regular basis and for long periods of time.
• Perform repetitive motor functions from a standing position for extended periods (three-four hours).
• Tolerate moderate to loud noise, fluctuating temperatures, and wet working environment.