Hospital Registration Schedule: 5 days per week Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Location: Claremont, NH Title of position: Patient Access Rep UC
Department: Urgent Care Reports to: Director of Outpatient Clinical & Case Management
This role provides indirect patient care in the office/clinic setting, greets and registers patients, verifies patient demographic & insurance information. Performs clerical duties, meets the communication needs of the patient/family, office/clinic & the medical staff.
- Registers patients by verifying that patient's record, including insurances. Makes appropriate changes in computer system and on patient's chart.
- Schedule exams for Medical Imaging, Cardio Pulmonary, Laboratory, when required.
- Accurately ICD-10 code for exam into scheduling system.
- Coordinate with Emergency Department when required.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two to three years of medical office experience along with Medical Terminology
- High integrity, able to follow procedures
- Ability to self-motivate & learn, take initiative in learning many complex processes
- Always exhibits professionalism, understands appropriate workplace behavior/communications.
- Confidentiality a must
Physical Demands, Work Environment and Working Conditions:
- You will Stand, Walk, Sit, Carry, Push and/or pull, reach with hands and arm.
- You will be Climbing stairs, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls’
- You will also have to, Listen, speak, and have Balance
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include:
- Distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, close vision
- Ability to adjust focus
The noise level in the work environment is
- Usually moderate, with some interruptions