The purpose of the Machine Operator/Assembler is to set up, tend and operate machinery in a manufacturing facility.
The primary functions of the machine operator are as follows:
• Set up, operate, or tend more than one type of cutting or forming machine
• Inspect work pieces for defects, and measure work pieces to determine accuracy of machine operation, using rules, templates, or other measuring instruments.
• Observe machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunctions, adjusting machines as necessary.
• Read blueprints or job orders to determine product specifications and tooling instructions and to plan operational sequences
• Set up and operate machines, such as lathes, cutters, grinders, drills, etc.
• Perform minor machine maintenance. Required Qualifications
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Able to work 5 to 6 day/week, 40-58 hours when necessary
• Flexibility to work all shifts
• Must meet company background screening guidelines
• Flexibility to work day and night shifts
• Flexible to train on 1st shift if needed Hourly Rate starting at: $16.00 earn more with potential for overtime