Westaff is currently seeking an experienced Fabricator in Thomaston, CT
Industry leading company that offers comprehensive motor, generator, pump, drive and control system solutions — including maintenance, repair and overhaul services to the Navy.
The main function of this position is welding sheet metal parts primarily for control boxes and fabricating frames from steel product shapes.
Fabricator/ Welder Responsibilities:
- Assemble metal pieces to create fixtures working with various welds
- Operate a CNC bending brake and CNC turret punch press
- Use of both MIG and TIG
- Work closely with Engineering on prototype work
- Performs routine cleaning and maintenance of machinery and tools
Fabricator/ Welder Requirements:
- Previous experience in steel fabrication
- HS Diploma is preferred
- Proficient in Math
- Correctly read blueprints
- MIG and TIG welding experience
- Able to stand for up to 8 hours
Benefits offered to Welder/ Fabricator:
- Weekly pay - direct deposit available
- Access to pay stubs online or through Westaff's mobile app
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Access to 15+ FREE online skill building courses providing opportunities for career advancement
Westaff is an equal opportunity employer!
Westaff offers insurance benefits, FREE online classes, and weekly pay!
Military and Veterans are encouraged to apply