Chef provides full-scope, hands on production cooking in the Community Culinary Services
- Is responsible for always maintaining a superior level of quality service and cleanliness.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Chef is responsible for adhering to food quality, appearance, and presentation standards always.
- Produce & serve menu cycle programs that comply with required Nutritional/Dietary criteria as required by local regulations & correctly prepare diets provided per Policy & Procedure.
- Visit residents periodically to evaluate food service such as quality, quantity, temperature, and appearance; and conduct evaluations to make revisions in operations / procedures to promote improved food service.
- Always exemplify Community standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and operational organization
- Knowledge of menu presentation, food preparation, production, food delivery systems, and utility
- Knowledge in all areas of local Health Department, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products MUST BE ABLE TO:
- Lift, and carries up to 50 lbs. with assistance occasionally
- Climbs, reaches, bends and twists occasionally
- Sits, stands, walks, and handle food frequently
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma
- Culinary degree preferred
- Minimum of one year restaurant/senior living or equivalent cooking experience