The Server provides full-scope, hands on serving functions in the community Culinary Services Department. Responsible in always providing superior level of quality service and cleanliness.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for adhering to food quality, appearance, and presentation standards always.
- Exhibit serving standards of speed, accuracy, and efficiency. Also Dinning room appearance and presentation standards always.
- Set tables and maintain workstations in proper order. Take order, provide service and requested items both graciously and courteously. Answer pertinent questions about menu items.
- Clear dishes from tables during and after meal service, assist with dish washing, and reset tables.
- Dining room organization and preparation hands-on responsibilities
- Knowledge in all areas of local Health Department, OSHA and other regulatory agencies relative to culinary services
- Strong inter-department communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to multi-task, balance team & individual responsibilities, & respond promptly to resident & visitor needs
MUST BE ABLE TO:
- Lifts and carries up to 50 lbs. with assistance occasionally
- Reaches, bends and twists occasionally
- Talks, listens, stands and walks frequently