Meriden company has an Immediate opening for a Bilingual (English/Spanish) Administrative Assistant
Hours are M-F (9-3) Must be able to occasionally work until 5pm $17/hour Temp to Perm
The Administrative Assistant will support all aspects of Operations including Purchasing, Warehouse & Inventory, Quality Control, Human Resources and overall Plant Operations
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Answer, screen and direct calls from main phone/front desk.
- Answer gate and direct trucks to receiving gate.
- Schedule receiving appointments; enter into schedule and coordinate with inventory control.
- Sign for UPS & FedEx packages and inform recipients that they have received a package.
- Prepare item locations for outbound shipments including pick lists, bills of lading and packing slips.
- Coordinate outbound shipments with carrier dispatchers and shipping personnel and outside warehouse storage.
- Print and monitor bills of lading for outbound shipments.
- Monitor incoming purchase orders follow up to ensure appointments are scheduled. Send purchase orders and schedule of next day’s shipments to warehouse.
- Daily scanning of production reports to shared drive
- Filing, scanning mail opening.
- Review and match scanned vouchers to invoices.
Job Requirements for the ideal Administrative Assistant:
- 3-5 years of Administrative experience in a fast paced environment.
- High Energy, Positive Attitude are “must have” attributes
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of Applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint Bi-lingual (Spanish)
- Detail Oriented
- Proficiency in follow up; ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing