Do you have experience working as a Composite Repair Operator and want to be apart of an amazing Aerospace team located in Windsor CT? Look no further and apply now!
Qualifications of a Composite Repair Operator:
- Candidates who have auto body technician experience or even mechanics tend to be the best candidates for this position.
- Perform a variety of duties including but not limited to Lay-up, Metal to Metal and Composite bonded Assembly, Finish work and Operation of equipment.
- Use tooling and other necessary equipment for the job of Composite Repair.
Responsibilities of a Composite Repair Operator:
- Remove, fabricate, replace and install/reinstall aircraft engine part repairs from blueprints, verbal instructions, engineering disposition and repair manuals to meet customer requirements.
- Removes skins and related components on parts such as trailing edges, top and lower leading edge skins, thrust reversers and secondary structures and exhaust cones.
- Create mold using composites, plaster, or other materials. Perform Lay-up and vacuum bag activities as specified. Perform trimming, dimensional checks and cure accuracy. Perform fixturing, priming, painting and part assembly. Select tooling and materials compatible with the processing techniques identified in the work instructions. Fabricate composite and metal parts into subassemblies for the purpose of dry fitting in preparation for bonding/curing in presses and ovens. Perform all other similar or related duties as directed.
- Experience: Over 1year up to and including 3 years of auto body, fiberglass, or carbon fiber repair experience.
Benefits of being a Composite Repair Operator include:
- Weekly pay
- Health, dental, vision, and retirement savings plan
- Free online skill building courses
- Huge growth opportunity!
*Members of the Military and Veterans are encouraged to apply!