SCHEDULE: 11:00 PM - 7:30 AM
The Home Health Aide Performs various resident care activities and related nonprofessional services essential to caring for personal needs and comfort of Memory Care residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist all residents/clients with a high quality of personal care, including but not limited to; bathing, dressing, grooming, shaving, incontinent care, foot care, vital signs, height & weight checks per policy.
2. Make all beds as needed in A.M., turn down as needed in P.M., and change bed linens once each week or PRN.
3. Complete resident’s personal laundry as assigned.
4. Assist residents with mealtime. Cut food. Encourage to eat.
5. Utilize Heartfelt ConnectionsTM Memory Care Program components to enhance the lives of the residents in the memory care neighborhoods.
6. Promote a healthy community culture for all residents and employees. This is a whole-person approach to health and wellness which includes eight dimensions of wellness: Emotional, Environmental, Health Services, Intellectual, Physical, Social, Spiritual, and Vocational. Through these efforts, we can ensure and exceed residents’ wellness needs relating to their mind, body, and soul.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
• One (1) year experience working as a CNA/PCA/HHA/RA preferred
• One (1) year experience working in assisted living/memory care preferred
• Current, valid CNA/PCA/HHA/RA certification required in applicable states
• First Aid and/or CPR certification by qualified training required in applicable states
MUST BE ABLE TO DO:
• Lifts and carries up to 50 lbs. occasionally with assistance
• Walking, standing, pushing, stooping, bending, and stretching frequently