Westaff has an Immediate opening for an IT Systems and Help Desk Analyst.
Well established and growing innovative manufacturing company is looking for an IT professional!
Location: Hamden, CT
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Our IT Systems and Help Desk Analyst will be responsible for:
• Active Directory administration including Group policy administration.
• Perform system administration of IT Infrastructure and systems to include installation, configuration, maintenance, patching, and back-up/restore. Assists with creating, editing, and managing changes to network or system access control lists. Assists with troubleshooting Infrastructure hardware and software when issues occur.
• Provides technical expertise for the following: O365, Active Directory/DNS, Security Certificates, VPN & firewall, networking
• Perform configuration of end-user workstation, software and peripherals, including onboarding and offboarding.
• Provide support, break-fix/hardware repair and troubleshooting of IT deployed equipment, PCs, Laptops, Mobile devices, servers, printers, phone systems and software installations via telephone, email, in person, or remotely.
• Track, accurately record, update documents and monitor service requests via Salesforce to ensure timely resolution; keep users informed of status.
• Administers e-mail and anti-virus systems, such as Bitdefender.Works on establishing effective spam blockers.
• Provide reports using various tools on application response time and system up time
• Create and maintain documentation to be used both within the department and for deployment to end-users, in order to assist all users in the quick resolution of their incidents and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
• Assist with creating training material including Learning Guides, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and business policies to streamline work approach.
• Maintain accurate inventory of hardware/software and service records, track changes using Lansweeper
• Identifies core customer business issues and provides solution recommendations to address them.
• Identify process gaps and translate them into improvement opportunities
o Perform root cause analysis as a means of addressing data issues, cost savings, risk avoidance, productivity improvements, or revenue-generating business benefits
o Escalate to others in the organization as needed to drive change
• Create dashboards and reporting via SQL, Crystal, Salesforce, Excel (or other systems as required) for internal customers on an ad-hoc basis.
The ideal IT Systems and Help Desk Analyst will have the following Knowledge and Skills:
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills via email, phone, and face to face required
• Strong attention to detail.
• Proven experience in similar IT role.
• Working knowledge of computer systems, Windows/Mac OS, MS Office suite, mobile devices (iOS/Android)
• Experience with Active Directory Administration, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy Administration
• Ability to work and collaborate with a team while also being able to operate independently when required.
Demonstrated experience with Knowledge Management & Help Desk Triage
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Business
• 3-5 years of experience in IT including system administration
• Knowledge of the Windows family of products, including Microsoft Office - Office 365
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to manage changing priorities
• Help desk and/or technical support experience
• Strong Excel skills as this position has a great deal of report building responsibility objectives and timelines.
• Assist in testing of client software
• Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to create end user documentation
• Prophet 21 experience preferred along with SQL and Crystal Reporting
• Salesforce experience preferred
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs. unaided
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time
• Must be able to type, bend and reach
• Must be able to travel at least 5% of the time
• Typical professional, office setting.
• Must be able to handle varying levels of stress.