WESTAFF is looking for a Manufacturing Mechanic
for a NORTHSHORE business in the
Covington- Hammond, LA area for
Pay: $15.00- $25.00 Depending on Experience
Hours: 7:00 am- 5:30 pm, Average 50-60
Manufacturing Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Reads and interprets engineering prints/specifications and/or manufacturing manuals, and/or verbal/written instructions to determine necessary assembly of various mechanical components.
- Follow assembly procedures and methods to assure efficient and timely progress. May transport specified parts from various plant locations manually or by using various mechanical lifting aids e.g. forklift trucks, etc.
- Assembles component parts, positions, erects, installs, aligns, levels, and then integrates their operations.
- Assist with testing assemblies using prescribed testing methods to help insure the retort system meets performance requirements before shipment to customer. Assist customers with in-plant Acceptance Tests.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools. May operate bender, cutting, and pipe threading equipment.
- Uses a variety of precision measuring and gauging instruments e.g scale, calipers, micrometers, etc., to inspect and verify conformance of parts to specifications/tolerances.
- May perform any aspect of assembly bench sub-assembly.
- Strictly follows all safety requirements for hand and power tool operation, the assembly of parts, forklift and hoist operation, and housekeeping.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of experience in a fast paced, manufacturing environment
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English, with good verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs Word and Excel
- Ability to successfully handle a multi-tasked role as well as basic math understanding
- Follows all safety requirements, including wearing proper PPE and maintaining a clean and orderly work environment
- Regular attendance and daily punctuality are necessary for performing the job
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to pack, unpack, and lift cartons, parts, equipment, and material) weighing up to 50 pounds
- Visual acuity sufficient to read interpret assembly drawings and other required documents
- Permanent Opportunity
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Retirement Savings Plan