Hours: 5:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
In this job, you are the key to the start of production. All raw stock must be cut to length before any other gets done. The team will rely on you to make accurate cuts, quickly and safely. Cutoff Operators are responsible for setting up and operating cutoff equipment in a proficient and safe manner to produce quality tubes for bending, welding, or endforming.
Essentials of the Job:
• Follow routing operation text for special set up instructions for individual parts. Determines what material is needed and where it is located.
• Use of the proper equipment to move material and or tooling to safely move materials to machine as needed. Perform change-over / setup procedures on all cutoff machines.
• Setup and operate Kaltenbach saws or table lathes as needed.
• Gets setup approved prior to running production. May approve other employee’s setup if assigned.
• Operates machine to run production and performs quality inspections as required by the written Quality Procedures. Makes necessary adjustments during production runs to stay in tolerances.
• Use tape measure, templates, fixtures, surface plate, calipers, snap gauges, or other inspection tools to measure overall length or other necessary dimensions per blueprint. Watches for presence of tube breaks, burrs, and oversize/undersize conditions.
• Complete records of production including designated sample checks or rework reasons.
• Move parts to the subsequent operation with pallet jack or fork truck.
• Assists Group leader in writing new or changing existing routing instructions. May assist Engineering in developing new processes and trying out new tooling.
• Participate in the corrective action process to prevent defects from recurring.
• Follow procedures consistently to obtain repeatability.
• Participate in team meetings seeking continuous improvements for the operation