Reverse Osmosis Operator
Westaff has an immediate 3rd shift opportunity for a Reverse Osmosis Operator in beautiful Cabot, VT!
Shift: Monday-Friday | 11:00pm-7:00am
Pay Rate: $17.75/hour
The Reverse Osmosis (RO) Operator, under the direction of the Sanitation Supervisor, is responsible for the completion of whey processing and the clean-up of Reverse Osmosis related machinery, and provides the support necessary in meeting and exceeding established sanitation standards and goals. Specific duties are as follows:
- Maintains Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and excellent housekeeping practices in accordance with the Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP).
- Operates all machinery in RO / RO polisher and whey pasteurizer.
- Ensures the proper sampling and testing of all loads of whey that is shipped.
- Performs hourly checks of membranes for leaks, sample whey in silos, and run tests for pH, acidity and solids. Notifies Supervisor in the event of any out-of-tolerance test results.
- Maintains daily log, recording quantities of cleaning agents used. Logs any amounts of whey that is dumped.
- Cleans all equipment in the RO operation (including silos, pumps, high pressure pump, and RO polisher) following established procedures. Performs general housekeeping in the area.
- Performs day-to-day routine operational maintenance on machinery in RO operation, fixing leaks as they occur on membranes and pumps.
- Tests night milk trucks for antibiotics and bacteria.
- Must be flexible to run TRST (High Temperature Short Time), CIP (Clean In Place) systems, and RO areas.
- Adheres to company rules, regulations and core values, including Code of Conduct.
- Responsible for performing all work related tasks using Good Manufacturing Practices by following the Food Safety and Food Quality requirements of the SQF Program. This includes the requirement to report any and all safety issues and incidents to your Supervisor immediately.
- This position requires the understanding of the role of the SQF Practitioner in ensuring that food safety decisions are made using a risk based approach. All food safety issues and incidents are to be reported to the QA Department either directly from the employee or by the Supervisor.
APPLY NOW FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION FOR THE REVERSE OSMOSIS OPERATOR POSITION!
Military Personnel and Veterans are encouraged to apply.