Are you looking for an Accounting Assistant position and want to join a company where you will continue to grow? An established dairy company in New Britain is looking for an Accounting Assistant to join their team!
Pay: Dependent on Experience
Shift: 1st shift 8:30am-5pm Monday-Friday
The main function of an accounting assistant is to compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. A typical accounting assistant is responsible for a wide range of technology and can work in areas closely related to computers
Accounting Assistant Responsibilities:
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers
- Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software
- New customer set-up, Manual billing, Weekly Payroll, ect.
Accounting Assistant Requirements:
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software
- Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting
- High school diploma or GED required
- 0.5-2 years financial and/or accounting experience required
- Associate's degree in accounting or related financial discipline preferred
Accounting Assistant Benefits:
- Weekly pay!
- Health, dental, vision, and retirement savings plans
- Free online skill building courses
- Permanent Opportunity
*Members of the Military and Veterans are encouraged to apply
Apply now for immediate consideration!